I have been meaning to write this but never came around to it but I have to just now :)
Over the years I have "learnt" from my wonderful Australian customers the following things:
- Learned is "spelt" - learnt
- Spelled is "spelt"
- Here are other alternative spellings of words - spelt in the proper British English way:
- No comma between day of the week and the date; no comma after the number of the month AND printed with day of the month FIRST
- No space between the number and am or pm
- Use of the word "on" for the phone number
THANK YOU SO MUCH for teaching me all these wonderful customs and I must agree that British English is the "proper" way as that is where English originated. Somehow during the centuries in the New World it deviated as has happened with Spanish. Castillian Spanish is the "proper" way but in the New World it also deviated in it's form.